[postgis-users] PostGIS + Hibernate Quick Start

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Thu Mar 27 14:53:18 PDT 2008

Hi

I have used both hibernate/postgis setups

Whille its true that the hibernate postgis setup is in SVN I did'nt
discover a source link to Hibernate Spatial (please correct if I am wrong).

Both products allow you access to postgis goemtry data structures, but I
found the postgis hibernate version from the postgis site would not
allow me to make querries using the foo: notation, pehaps it was my set
up,  I am not sure.

But I managed to get the  http://www.hibernatespatial.org to work
correctly, so I would suggest that you use that.

Dave.