[postgis-users] PostGIS install on postgres 8.3 running on 64bit OpenSuse10.3

Calum Byrom calum.byrom at googlemail.com
Fri May 2 03:11:36 PDT 2008

Hi,

Thankyou Facundo, for providing the links to the various rpms - I've used
these via yast2 to upgrade everything from 8.2 to 8.3 + installed proj, geos
and postgis using these.  I'm still getting the, same error when I run
lwpostgis.sql - i.e.:

psql:lwpostgis.sql:44: NOTICE:  type "histogram2d" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
psql:lwpostgis.sql:44: ERROR:  incompatible library
"/usr/lib64/liblwgeom.so.1.3": version mismatch
DETAIL:  Server is version 8.3, library is version 8.2.

- this suggests to me that you might be right, Mark.  I'm not sure how to
check, however, what postgres install has been picked up by ./configure - I
can't spot anything in the output from the make file - it does display
DUSEVERSION=83 which I think means its using the proper version.  Is there
anything else I can check.  NB, not sure if its important but when I run the
build of postgis, I get the following warnings:

lwgeom_geos_c.c: In function 'GEOS2LWGEOM':
lwgeom_geos_c.c:2994: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer
target type
lwgeom_geos_c.c:3003: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer
target type
lwgeom_geos_c.c:3013: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer
target type
lwgeom_geos_c.c:3014: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer
target type
lwgeom_geos_c.c:3018: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer
target type
lwgeom_geos_c.c:3019: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer
target type
lwgeom_geos_c.c:3040: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer
target type
lwgeom_geos_c.c: In function 'polygonize_garray':
lwgeom_geos_c.c:3404: warning: passing argument 1 of 'GEOSPolygonize' from
incompatible pointer type
lwgeom_geos_c.c: In function 'LWGEOM_buildarea':
lwgeom_geos_c.c:3554: warning: passing argument 1 of 'GEOSPolygonize' from
incompatible pointer type
lwgeom_geos_c.c:3597: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer
target type
lwgeom_transform.c:207: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer
type
lwgeom_chip.c: In function 'CHIP_in':
lwgeom_chip.c:128: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4
has type 'long unsigned int'
shpopen.c:176: warning: 'rcsid' defined but not used
dbfopen.c:206: warning: 'rcsid' defined but not used

Thanks,

Calum.