[postgis-users] PostGIS install on postgres 8.3 running on 64bit OpenSuse10.3

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri May 2 03:30:49 PDT 2008

Calum Byrom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thankyou Facundo, for providing the links to the various rpms - I've
> used these via yast2 to upgrade everything from 8.2 to 8.3 + installed
> proj, geos and postgis using these.  I'm still getting the, same error
> when I run lwpostgis.sql - i.e.:
>
> psql:lwpostgis.sql:44: NOTICE:  type "histogram2d" is not yet defined
> DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
> psql:lwpostgis.sql:44: ERROR:  incompatible library
> "/usr/lib64/liblwgeom.so.1.3": version mismatch
> DETAIL:  Server is version 8.3, library is version 8.2.
>
> - this suggests to me that you might be right, Mark.  I'm not sure how
> to check, however, what postgres install has been picked up by
> ./configure - I can't spot anything in the output from the make file -
> it does display DUSEVERSION=83 which I think means its using the proper
> version.  Is there anything else I can check.  NB, not sure if its
> important but when I run the build of postgis, I get the following warnings:
>
> lwgeom_geos_c.c: In function 'GEOS2LWGEOM':
> lwgeom_geos_c.c:2994: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from
> pointer target type
> lwgeom_geos_c.c:3003: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from
> pointer target type
> lwgeom_geos_c.c:3013: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from
> pointer target type
> lwgeom_geos_c.c:3014: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from
> pointer target type
> lwgeom_geos_c.c:3018: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from
> pointer target type
> lwgeom_geos_c.c:3019: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from
> pointer target type
> lwgeom_geos_c.c:3040: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from
> pointer target type
> lwgeom_geos_c.c: In function 'polygonize_garray':
> lwgeom_geos_c.c:3404: warning: passing argument 1 of 'GEOSPolygonize'
> from incompatible pointer type
> lwgeom_geos_c.c: In function 'LWGEOM_buildarea':
> lwgeom_geos_c.c:3554: warning: passing argument 1 of 'GEOSPolygonize'
> from incompatible pointer type
> lwgeom_geos_c.c:3597: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from
> pointer target type
> lwgeom_transform.c:207: warning: initialization from incompatible
> pointer type
> lwgeom_chip.c: In function 'CHIP_in':
> lwgeom_chip.c:128: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument
> 4 has type 'long unsigned int'
> shpopen.c:176: warning: 'rcsid' defined but not used
> dbfopen.c:206: warning: 'rcsid' defined but not used
>

> Thanks,
>
> Calum.

Hi Calum,

Okay, looks like something is not quite right in your installation. For
example, above it seems like liblwgeom.so has been installed under
/usr/lib which is wrong - it should be installed in the postgresql lib
directory which is typically under /usr/lib/pgsql/lib or
/usr/lib/postgresql/lib. Did you pass in any non-standard parameters to
configure?

As a first course of action, I would try removing all liblwgeom files
from /usr/lib64 and trying to run lwpostgis.sql again.

ATB,

Mark.

--
Mark Cave-Ayland