[postgis-users] PostGIS install on postgres 8.3 running on 64bit OpenSuse10.3

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri May 2 08:29:47 PDT 2008

Calum Byrom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This returns:
>
> #define PG_VERSION "8.3.1"
> #define PG_VERSION_NUM 80301
> #define PG_VERSION_STR "PostgreSQL 8.3.1 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu,
> compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.2.1 (SUSE Linux)"
>
> - which looks ok to me....

Okay. In that case all should be fine... *scratches head*... I would
advise renaming your existing your PostGIS build source directory,
re-extracting from the source tarball and then re-running configure/make
install to make sure that you have a completely vanilla build. You
should also make sure that any PostGIS RPMs have been completely
uninstalled before you do this.

ATB,

Mark.

--