[Plr-general] [postgis-users] Pl/R

Mike Leahy mgleahy at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Fri May 2 18:25:09 PDT 2008

Just to make sure nobody's waiting on me for anything...I did give this
a try a few weeks ago.  At the moment, I can't get it to compile against
PostgreSQL 8.3 on windows, so I haven't updated the installer (that's
all I was really doing anyway).  Whatever the problem is within the code
is beyond my current skill/available time to fix.  I think Joe Conway
may be working on a fix, but there's no anticipated date that he will
have it ready as far as I know.  Maybe someone else might be able to
offer some help?

If you really need something that works on windows, and if you're not
dependent on your current PostgreSQL installation, then you may be just
as well off to go with PostgreSQL 8.2, and use PostGIS & PL/R with
that...at least for the time being until PL/R is updated.

Mike