[postgis-users] Updated shapefile to update postgres database

SenTnel elvin.pimentel at gmail.com
Tue May 6 15:39:30 PDT 2008

Hello!

I would like some help updating a postgres database. This is the problem: We
created the database using shp2pgsql to convert a shapefile that contains a
city's street details (centerline), after we created the database we also
created an aditional column to classify the street types (eg: street,
avenues, highways, etc.), now we are working on the original shapefile,
updating new roads, changes made to highways due to constructions
modifications, etc., and we want to upload the "updated" shapefile, without
afecting the actual database, another words, we would like to convert to
postgres the updated shapefile with the new information (it cuold be the
whole shapefile) but to keep the added clasiffication column intact. How can
we do that?

Thanks