[postgis-users] MS Access to PostgreSQL

James Stott James.Stott at npaconsult.co.uk
Mon May 12 03:14:16 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I am a bit of a newcomer to PostGIS and wanted to ask a question.

Is it possible to migrate a database from MS Access into PostgreSQL? Can
table structures, queries, rules, indexes and reports be moved over
easily or is it a case of having to recreate everything by hand?

I am using Access 2007.

We would then like to extend the attribute data by adding spatial
information to the records as well.

Many thanks,

James

This Electronic Transmission is intended only for the attention of the addressee. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the person for whom it is intended, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this electronic transmission in error please notify us immediately by telephone, delete the transmission and destroy any hard copies.
Nicholas Pearson Associates has used all reasonable efforts to ensure that this message and any attachments are free from viruses.
Nicholas Pearson Associates
Environmental Planners - Landscape Architects - Ecologists
30 Brock Street, Bath, BA1 2LN
Tel: +44 (0) 1225 445548, Fax: +44 (0) 1225 312387
http://www.npaconsult.co.uk/