[postgis-users] Having problemas to convert SHP to PGSQL

Gregory Williamson Gregory.Williamson at digitalglobe.com
Wed May 14 20:13:28 PDT 2008

Sanity ?

  ;-)

Empty fields or misformed SQL, missing data or misformed data. Depending on how you are setting the output, you can try running sample statements in the "psql" tool (or pgAdmin):
  BEGIN;
   <your sql here>;
  ROLLBACK; -- assuming you don't want partial changes

Post back the first few lines and maybe the last few, but do eyeball it first and see if anything jumps out at you.

Sorry for top-posting with such a slug o'text below but, as they say, "ours is not to reason why, but to invert and multiply."

Greg Williamson
Senior DBA
DigitalGlobe

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information and must be protected in accordance with those provisions. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

(My corporate masters made me say this.)