[postgis-users] Newbie questions: SRIDs, function return values

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu May 15 08:34:42 PDT 2008

Robert,

You misunderstand my core concern, which is that once you start using
pairs of geometries wrapped in this kind of "magic projection"
function, you have no guarantee that the individual functions are
applying the same magic to their geometries. In the case of data lying
on/near a zone boundary you could end up running a cartesian distance
op on one geometry that is projected into UTM10 and another that is in
UTM9.

P.