[postgis-users] srid

Chris Hermansen chris.hermansen at timberline.ca
Mon May 26 18:05:04 PDT 2008

Or, in another direction... Bob, if your "geometrical data" is meant to
be something like a "data flow diagram" or a "process diagram", you can
surely do that with PostGIS.

Doubtless you must be aware of tools like Visio (in Windoze) or Dia (in
Linux or Windoze) that are made for drawing diagrams like "data flow",
but nevertheless you've decided to put your data into PostGIS instead.

Then you probably want to make some "boxes" in your process diagram
appear above, below, to the right of, or to the left of, other boxes.

To do that, you would need to define some kind of partial order on the
boxes (this box is to the right of that box, etc).  This sounds like a
topological sort to me.

Presumably you could turn that topological ordering into some set of
offsets that could be applied to compute coordinates of each box.

is that where you're trying to end up?