[postgis-users] degree vs. metric projection performance?

Picavet Vincent Vincent.Picavet at mediapost.fr
Wed Nov 26 06:25:40 PST 2008

Hi,
The google mercator projection, called EPSG:900913 as <google> in
1337-speech, is now referenced as EPSG 3785 :
http://www.epsg-registry.org/report.htm?type=lastQuery&title=&reportDeta
il=short&style=urn:uuid:report-style:default-with-code&style_name=OGP%20
Default%20With%20Code&title=3785

You will find definitions in all formats here :
http://spatialreference.org/ref/user/popular-visualisation-crs-mercator/
Especially for postgis :
http://spatialreference.org/ref/user/popular-visualisation-crs-mercator/
postgis/