[postgis-users] Inscribed Rectangle

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Fri Oct 3 09:52:40 PDT 2008

Hello All-

   I spoke with a client recently who wants to use some US County and US
City polys as the basis of some demographics work. He asked for the
polys, bounding boxes on the polys, and a maximum rectangle that would
fit inside the poly. I sid that I had not heard of that before, but I
would look into it.. after (a small amount) of thought, I told him that
there were a lot of difficult or ambiguous cases that would come up..
So he replied.. ok, just any rectangle that fits in the poly, trying to
be as big as it can be..

   So I dont know how I might go about this..  Any ideas?

   thanks
     -Brian

==
Brian Hamlin