[postgis-users] Spring/Hibernate/JDBC with PostgreSQL/PostGIS types?

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 16:05:18 PDT 2008

I'm stuck in using Grails/Groovy/Spring/Hibernate to access PostgreSQL/PostGIS.

I'd like to simply sketch a class like this:

class POI {
    String name
    Geometry java_geom  // from com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.Geometry? (POINT)
    // ...
}

... and then map java_geom to 'the_geom' of type geometry/POINT (in PostgreSQL).

I found mainly this: In the FOSS4G '07 symposium
http://www.foss4g2007.org/presentations/view.php?abstract_id=118 (did
reverse mapping instead of forward). In
http://www.pascalalma.net/2007/03/04/entering-the-world-of-gis/ (old?)
and of course HibernateSpatial (doesn't fit to Grails/Groovy/Spring?).

Does anyone have experience with Spring/Hibernate+PostGIS or
Grails/Groovy/Spring/Hibernate+PostGIS ?

-- Stefan