[postgis-users] PgRouting in PostGIS

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Sep 23 17:27:50 PDT 2008

Nandorov wrote:
> can i block some segments? for example cad gives the posibility to put a max
> resistance value, let's say it's 100. So if the resistance of your segment
> is 100 that segment is blocked and you cannot go thorught this way. if this
> possible with pgrouting?

Yes you can put a high cost on a segment and then it will search for a
lower cost alternative soultion. In routing you can also have a reverse
cost that is the cost to traverse the segment from end to start as
opposed to the cost which is for traversing from start to end. You can
also just have a single cost that is good for either directions. We use
high costs to prevent routing the wrong way down one way streets.

Routing solutions from a single best path. There exist different network
analysis algorithms for doing things like water flow analysis and things
like that.

-Steve W