[postgis-users] Cut Shapefiles At A Border

Dan Blomberg services at gpsfiledepot.com
Sat Sep 27 22:53:52 PDT 2008

Hi,

I need to be able to cut shapefiles at a given border.  I have a bunch
of data for the entire country or an area but I want it to be cut at the
border of the state.  I have the state as either a line or an area.

I saw a previous "thread" here and someone said OpenJump could do this.
I downloaded it and used touching, is_within, etc and it selected them
but it wouldn't cut at the border so I still had polygons that continued
for miles. Is there a way with PostGIS or some other program to cut/trim
a series of shapefiles at a border (line) or once they are outside of an
area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com