[postgis-users] Too many results

Jim Jim gamecleaner at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 14 03:00:29 PDT 2009

Hello,

I have a table with 2d points and lines. My query is a rectangle and a line. The problem is there are too many results to the point where it becomes non-practical to wait. So I wanted to limit the results. I know that this can be done by LIMIT N, however, this does not stop searching after finding N results and the whole point is not to wait too long.

Do you have any ideas on how this could be accomplished? I suppose when it comes to intersections and geometrical problems this is quite important.

Thank you!