[postgis-users] Install Posgrelsql 8.0.3 on Windows XP PRO

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Apr 14 06:18:07 PDT 2009

patxi.mayol at free.fr wrote:

> Hi,
> I have install postgresql 8.0.3 with no problem;
> I want now try to install gis database : i use command on DOS like this
> C:\postgresql>createdb SIG --> it is OK
> C:\postgresql>psql -d SIG -f D:\postgresql\share\contrib\lwpostgis.sql --> i have this message :
>
> psql:D:/postgresql/share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:48: ERROR:  type "histogram2d" already exists
> psql:D:/postgresql/share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:65: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
> psql:D:/postgresql/share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:70: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
>
> Have you an idea ?
> thanks

Older versions of PostgreSQL put PostGIS in template1 IIRC which causes
problems like this :(

You'd be better off re-cloning template1 from template0 as per the
PostgreSQL documentation, or even better, upgrading to a new version of
PostgreSQL. 8.0.3 is old, and won't be supported when 1.4 eventually
pops out of the door.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS