[postgis-users] Export spatial index in a file

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Tue Apr 21 04:47:38 PDT 2009

Nacho,
I believe qix is a quadtree index that is a UMN Mapserver creation and I'm not sure how many other tools can really use that index.  Use the shptree (I forget the exact name of the commandline tool but I think that is it that is packaged with UMN Mapserver) to create the qix file.

Hope that helps,
Regina