[postgis-users] Correct routing path, segmets of geometry

paweluz paweluz at o2.pl
Fri Apr 24 10:29:48 PDT 2009

Hi!

Thanks a lot to response. But I am i little bit confused.

This query:

Select astext(ST_LINE_SUBSTRING(
                    ST_LineMerge(the_geom),
                    0,

ST_line_locate_point(st_linemerge(the_geom),PointFromText('POINT(1725231.50130
6788534.90975)'))))

returns Linestring or point. if it returns linestring that means that what
??? For my start and end point it returns the same type of data (there both
point or there are both linestring).I was thinking that the data type would
be different. I am sorry, this may be stupid question but I want to get it
right to make some move... Could you explain it to me... ?? Thanks a lot for
your time ... I really appreciate

Regards
Paul