[postgis-users] st_dwithin in SRID 4269

Sachin Srivastava sachin.srivastava1984 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 06:20:55 PDT 2009

I am a newbie, could somebody explain what distance transformation  should i
use to eliminate discrepancy in results for the following 2 queries

1) SELECT * from table1 where st_dwithin(geom1, geom2, distance);
*(Note, geom1 and geom2 are in SRID 4269)
*
2) SELECT * from table1 where st_dwithin(transform(geom1, 2163),
transform(geom2,2163), distance);
*
Note:Here distance is in meters

The things that i understood so far are, distance has to be in the same SRID
as the two geoms, I knew distance in meters, so the second query will give
me correct results however what transformation should i do in the first
query distance value to get the same result as of query 2.

I am using PostGIS 1.3.5

*Thanks for your replies..*
*--
An Expert is the one who has made all the mistakes that are possible within
a narrow field.