[postgis-users] 1.4.0: postgis_restore.pl - createdb parameters and createlang conflict

Havard Tveite havard.tveite at umb.no
Mon Aug 3 08:01:31 PDT 2009

I have installed 1.4.0, and wanted to test a hard upgrade
using postgis_restore.pl, as described in the user manual
(http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch02.html - 2.7.2
Hard upgrade).

postgis_restore.pl can take parameters and pass them on to
createdb.  This works fine.
However, these parameters are also passed on to createlang,
which is not happy with the createdb specific options and
therefore aborts and hence postgis_restore.pl is aborted.

With the example used in the documentation (-E=UNICODE),
I get the following error message (Norwegian translation:
"ugyldig flagg": invalid flag):

createlang: ugyldig flagg -- E
Try "createlang --help" for more information.

What is the intended behaviour?  Should I file a bug?

Also:  It could perhaps also be useful to include info
on upgrade in the release notes, even if soft upgrade is
recommended by default (there has not been any mention of
upgrading in the release notes since 1.1.6).

--
Håvard Tveite
Department of Mathematical Sciences and Technology, UMB