[postgis-users] TIGER Help/Clarification

Bo Coughlin bo at rekindl.com
Tue Aug 4 07:25:16 PDT 2009

Using the TIGER shp files is a no brainer (feel free to disagree). My
question is on the relationship tables, and setting up the DB in postGIS.
 What role do these tables play?  While it seems self explanatory in that
the foreignkey relationship etc. is outlined in a very nice diagram by the
census - I am still a little lost on how to integrate into the DB - do I
import those create the foreign key relationships between them and then do
the same with each shp. file?
This is definitely a noob question, but I am simply struggling with the
exact relationship of these tables with the shp files -  there doesn't
appear to be a foreign key relationship between the shp's - but there does
between shp and relationship files.  Any help much appreciated. - thanks, bo