[postgis-users] TIGER Help/Clarification

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Aug 4 10:44:41 PDT 2009

Bo Coughlin wrote:
> That's for sure...huge amount.  So, the feature tables
> should be used as a reference? Meaning it should not actually be loaded but used as
> a "reference" to make the necessary foreign key index within the shape
> tables? - thanks very much - bo

I think there is no simple one answer fits all cases solution. You have
to think about what you want as an end result based on how you plan to
use the data once you have it loaded, then work from the source data
files to that end result or vica versa.

What are your goals regarding the Tiger data?
What kind of questions will you need to get answered using this data?
What queries will you be making?
etc.

-Steve