[postgis-users] PostGIS on Solaris 10

Thurber, Fred Fred.Thurber at gdit.com
Thu Aug 13 12:07:13 PDT 2009

I already did the port, ugh. I switched over to using PostgreSQL box types with a GiST index.  Seems to work well and is fast (at least compared to the old sequential searches).  I suspect that it will break down at the high latitudes, but luckily our customer is at a low latitude.  I had to solve the International Date Line problem myself, alas.

We will there ever be another release of Solaris?  Can we lobby for the PostGIS package in the installed PostgreSQL?