[postgis-users] How do you obtaining a WGS-84 (4326) coordinate from a coordinate that has no SRID

ILAN BENISTY benisty.ilan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 12:11:18 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am dealing with a problem where I am importing an AutoCAD description of
an airport (DXF) into PostGIS.
I have a Python script which will import each coordinate to a PostGIS
geometry with SRID = -1 (since I do not have real world coordinates, but
Cartesian coordinates from a point of origin).
I do, however, have a lat/long reference point, which represents the origin
of my x/y CAD coordinates.
I would like to be able to store my CAD coordinates points as Long/Lat
(SRID=4326).
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ilan