[postgis-users] postgis windows installer for 1.4

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Aug 20 14:39:47 PDT 2009

Sorry for the delay on this.  We had some last minute packaging changes to
conform to our new policy of not making API changes in micro versions.

This is the first time we are building this too so we tried to be very
cautious.

You should see the PostGIS 1.4 for PostgreSQL 8.4 appear in application
stack builder probably sometime tomorrow or the weekend.
Unfortunately I think we missed our window of opportunity for PostgreSQL 8.3
so that you may not see until sometime next week.

In the meantime for those brave souls who are happy enough to just have a
setup.exe and to help test them out to make sure we didn't miss anything, we
have them all listed here

Built for PostgreSQL 8.2, 8.3, 8.4

If you happened to grab the ones marked -1.exe  (you may want to uninstall
it and reinstall the -2.exe ones).  The binaries didn't change any and it
would work fine, but registry positioning changed so future micro upgrades
will be a bit cleaner if you use the -2.exe ones.

We also have the latest NSIS files posted for those who want to build there
own setup (I think someone asked about that earlier).

http://postgis.refractions.net/download/windows/

Thanks,
Regina and Leo

  _____