[postgis-users] install problems Postgis 1.4.0 with Postgres 8.4.0on Mac OS X 10.5

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Aug 20 17:40:20 PDT 2009

Punish,

It sounds like you are using the wrong script and some how you also managed
to load a 1.3 liblwgeom for 8.3 on an 8.4 install.  If you are using PostGIS
1.4.0 then you should be using a script called postgis.sql

As of PostGIS 1.4.0 the postgis lib is also versioned.

So while the old ones were always called liblwgeom

the new ones will be called

postgis-1.4
postgis-1.5

and so on.

and of course it appears your liblwgeom while being for PostGIS 1.3 probably
is not even for 8.4 but is for 8.3

Did you compile your own install or did you get from somewhere?

Thanks,
Regina