[postgis-users] Compiling GEOS 3.0+ in Ubuntu Hardy (was: Re: Cannot install 1.4.0 as non-root user)

Reid Priedhorsky reid at umn.edu
Wed Dec 2 13:15:21 PST 2009

On 12/02/2009 09:27 AM, Nicklas Avén wrote:

> Reid  Little off topic. Have you successed in compiling geos 3.0 or
> higher in Hardy. I remember I had big problems with that when I first
> wanted to test 1.4 /Nicklas

Hi Nicklas,

It worked fine for us. We are currently using GEOS 3.0.3 with PostGIS
1.3.5, and 3.1 also compiled and installed fine with the same version of
PostGIS. PostGIS 1.4 did not work as I noted previously.

There were no problems of note. configure, make, make install, edit
ld.so.conf and run ldconfig.

Reid