[postgis-users] Weird GEOS problem

George Vlahakis g.vlahakis at telenavis.com
Tue Dec 15 13:50:46 PST 2009

Same here. Thanks for replying however.

From: postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
[mailto:postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net] On Behalf Of Joao
Goncalves
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 10:17 PM
To: PostGIS Users Discussion
Subject: Re: [postgis-users] Weird GEOS problem

Yes, the connection resource object goes invalid and I need to create a
new one. I've also experienced server shut downs caused by this problem.
Funny, I added eactly the same solution drop and reconnect within a
tryCatch block. I'm guessing this is a server side/GEOS issue because it
tends to happen in very specific conditions, in my case when
geoproccessing is very intensive. Nevertheless, I have no real knowledge
on GEOS internals to figure this out.

Did you also see that the connection is no longer valid from that point
on and you need to re-connect? I mean, even if you wait and try again,
it won't work. I have to resort in restarting the app but not I added
code to try to drop and re-connect. Haven't hit the prob yet to confirm
this solves it.