[postgis-users] "Resampling" polyline shapefiles.

Hemant Bist hemantbist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 21:41:03 PST 2009

I have a polyline shapefile with each polyline having 200 segements with
each segments length roughly 1 meter. I want to "resample" the polylines to
have roughly 10 meter segment size and each polyline having roughly 20
segments. I understand this may result in some loss of information.

Can postgis help me with some  conversion like this. I need this done
somewhat quickly. I have looked at the documentation but did not find
anything relevant.
I have installed postgis on ubuntu and ran some queries. That's my level of
familiarity with postgis.
Would appreciate any pointers.

Best,
HB