[postgis-users] postgis installation problem

Muhammad Adnan adi-4u at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 28 20:06:34 PST 2009

i am having a problem with installing postgis while running this command

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -d test -f /usr/share/postgresql/8.4/contrib/postgis.sql

I got the following error message:
BEGIN
psql:/usr/share/postgresql/8.4/contrib/postgis.sql:53: NOTICE:  type "spheroid" is not yet defined

DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
psql:/usr/share/postgresql/8.4/contrib/postgis.sql:53: ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/postgis-1.4": No such file or directory
psql:/usr/share/postgresql/8.4/contrib/postgis.sql:59: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

psql:/usr/share/postgresql/8.4/contrib/postgis.sql:65: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

psql:/usr/share/postgresql/8.4/contrib/postgis.sql:6949: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

ROLLBACK

i tried to search on the web but could not figured it out the solution. I am installing the following packages on ubuntu 9.10
Apache-2.2.14
postgresql-8.4.1
php-5.2.12
proj-4.7.0
geos-3.2.0
postgis-1.4.0

I will appreciate if anyone cloud help me to solve this problem.Adnan