[postgis-users] Which postGIS functions to use?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Feb 15 02:39:28 PST 2009

I don't quite understand your question.

Are you trying to get the length of the intersection of the 2?  So that part
of the network component that falls within the quay?

In that case it would be something of the form

SELECT ST_Length(ST_Intersection(netcomponent.the_geom, quay.the_geom))

Which assumes your netcomponent is defined as a LINESTRING (you can use
ST_MakeLine
http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/ST_MakeLine.html
if you have 2 points and no line)

And quay is some sort of polygon.