[postgis-users] Editing PostGIS

Michael Toews mwtoews at sfu.ca
Tue Feb 24 14:39:38 PST 2009

Hi Don,

If you can view the geometry and attribute data in AutoCAD Map 3D 2008, then you are in a good position to start editing from the same software.

First, make sure that you have the correct permissions to edit the data. You can test this in pgAdmin by logging in with the same username/password as the fdo connection, and try to edit some attributes in the spatial data table.

A few other things: make sure there is 1 geometry column listed in geometry_columns; the linked table must be a table -- not a view (even if you make rules to enable insert/update/delete).

If this doesn't work, try different DLLs for FDO. We are using "Not Logged FdoPg32.zip" from http://www.geomapgis.com/web/geomap-group/fdo/

-Mike