[postgis-users] PostGIS analogues to ArcInfo geoprocessing functions

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Thu Jan 29 17:27:24 PST 2009

Chris, generally I agree (especially if the code is written in Java...
8^).  After I posted this I started thinking that probably a few more
minutes/hours/days splunging through the C code would no doubt reveal
much about how it actually works.  At the moment however I can't even
tell if it is memory-only or whether it uses external files to hold
intermediate results!

I look forward to some cleverer programmer than me figuring out how to
integrate the Grass code with PostGIS...