[postgis-users] Finding the center of a street

Nelson Correia nelsonwc7 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 19 10:41:02 PDT 2009

Hi Luigi,

The problem is that when I have T junctions, I have more than one segment (i.e. linestring) and even if I use ST_LineMerge, I get a set of linestrings (instead of only one), which I can't pass to ST_line_interpolate_point (the function I'm using to calculate the middle point).

For the use case I have, the calculated middle point must be part of the street (i.e. part of the multilinestring that I have initially).

Thanks,

Nelson