[postgis-users] compundcurve in polygons is supported in 1.4

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Tue Jun 30 05:12:04 PDT 2009

Mario,

Actually Mark L just fixed the bug  in trunk (and he is patching the fix into 1.4 and I believe 1.3 as well).  So it will be fully functional in PostGIS 1.4 probably due out next week and 1.3 about a month later.

st_curvetoline has always worked with curve polygons (with either circularstring or linestring like inner rings) and converts those to regular polygons even if they have holes (the name is a bit confusing http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/ST_CurveToLine.html ) but for 1.4 and 1.3, it will very shortly work for

curve polygons with compound curves.  It hasn't been really stress tested, so feel free to test it when it comes out.

Here are related bug tickets just recently patched
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/213

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/212

Hope that helps,
Regina