[postgis-users] Error using PostGIS and GEOM

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Mon Mar 2 08:43:52 PST 2009

Just a random thought here.  Did you accidentally install PostGIS in a schema other than public?   If so, is that schema
on the search_path of the user you are using to connect within GeoServer?

Do you get the same answer when you do this from psql or PgAdminIII?
postgis=# select public.extent('POINT(0 0)');
     extent
  BOX(0 0,0 0)
(1 row)

Cheers,