[postgis-users] help : postgis on a mac os x

Burgholzer,Robert rwburgholzer at deq.virginia.gov
Wed Mar 4 06:18:49 PST 2009

Youssef,

Ben mentioned the "create lang" step.  I suspect this is what you are missing.  The postgis functions are written in the language pl/Pgsql, which is an iptional add-on for any postgresql database.  In order to add this language, you must do the following:

sudo su - postgres -c '/usr/local/pgsql/bin/createlang plpgsql [dbname]'

Robert W. Burgholzer

Surface Water Modeler

Office of Water Supply and Planning

rwburgholzer at deq.virginia.gov