[postgis-users] pb OpenLayers using a local Mapserver

Barend Kobben kobben at itc.nl
Tue Mar 10 10:45:08 PDT 2009

> yes I haved named every layers but I haven't bounding box.

I guess you mean there's no BBOX in the GetCapabilities reply?. That's not
good. I think (but others may correct me) that there is a bug/hidden feature
in teh PostGIS connector of Mapserver that it does not get the extent of a
layer if one is not provided to it (as it would happen with eg. shape file
datasources).

It is anyway more efficient to provide the Extent in the .map file, so
Mapserver doesn't have to search for it. I also notice you are missing the
WEB METADAT that wms requires. So I would advice to put in the LAYER:

      METADATA
        "wms_title" "your title"
        "wms_extent" "minx miny maxx maxy"
      END

Barend

On 10-03-09 17:01, "Quentin Page" <Quentin.Page at ensg.eu> wrote:

> hi barend,
>
> yes I haved named every layers but I haven't bounding box.
> I wrote this in every my layers
>
> lAYER
> NAME "routes"
> STATUS DEFAULT
> METADATA
> "wms_title" "routes"
> END
> CONNECTION "user=postgres  password=postgres dbname= ICPE host=localhost
> port=5432"
> CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
> DATA "wkb_geometry FROM (SELECT * from ligne_electrique where
> wkb_geometry&&GeomFromText('POLYGON((799287 1885037,799912
> 1885037,799912 1885662,799287 1885662,799287 1885037))',32767)) as foo
> using unique ogc_fid using SRID=32767"
>
> TYPE LINE
> CLASS
> NAME "routes"
> STYLE
> OUTLINECOLOR 10 10 10
> COLOR 0 20 255
> SIZE 4
> END
> END
> END
> END
>
> I can see the data when i use mapserver alone but I need openlayers to
> write a new feature.
>
> the extent is the same as the map.
>
> thank a lots
>
>> Yes, this is (part of) a valid getCapabilities. Further down there should
>> be
>> a section that describes the LAYERs, with for each layer at least a  TITLE
>> and a valid BBOX (= bounding box). Check if this bounding box is there and
>> is corresponding with the actual data you have. If not, there is an error
>> somewhere, most likely in the set up of your SRS (= spatial reference
>> system
>> = the projection of your map and your data), or the EXTENT (the part of
>> the
>> world you define your data to depict)....
>>
>> Barend
>>

>> On 09-03-09 16:10, "Quentin Page" <Quentin.Page at ensg.eu> wrote:
>>
>>> yes I tried
>>> http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=ms4w/apache/htdon
>>> cs/projet2009/ICPE.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
>>>
>>> and I received a file mapserver.exe what I rename "mapserver.xml" this
>>> file wasn't empty.
>>>
>>> the message is for sevreal lines
>>> <DescribeLayer>
>>>       <Format>text/xml</Format>