[postgis-users] ST_Touches and line segment

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Thu Mar 19 10:24:14 PDT 2009

I've had some thoughts that it would be nice to extend the concept of
Intersection Matrix Pattern to allow OR combinations of patterns.  This
seems to indicate that it's also necessary to be able to specify
different patterns for different combinations of geometry dimension.

Perhaps a syntax like:

The LP pattern can be automatically inferred from this.

Note that I'm also using a "dashed triplet" syntax, which is more
readable than a solid string of 9 chars (think phone numbers or IP
addresses)