[postgis-users] when setting up postgis libs, "could not find function "topologypreservesimplify"" in "...liblwgeom.so"

Michael Billmire mgbillmi at mtu.edu
Thu Mar 19 11:49:10 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm currently slogging my way through installation/set-up of PostGIS 1.3.5 (w/ postgresql 8.3). I finally got it installed, but when I set up a test db and tried to import postgis libs with this command:

sudo -u postgres psql -d postgis-template -f /usr/share/postgresql/8.3/lwpostgis.sql

, things went smoothly until this happened:

psql:/usr/share/postgresql/8.3/lwpostgis.sql:3867: ERROR:  could not find function "topologypreservesimplify" in file "/usr/local/postgis/1.3.5/lib/liblwgeom.so"

I also have GEOS 3.0.3 and proj 4.6.1 installed.

Any ideas why this function seems to be missing/what to do about it?

Thanks,
Mike