[postgis-users] postgis on postgresql 8.2 vs 8.3

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Mar 25 08:34:39 PDT 2009

Mark, Regina,

Thank you for your feedback.

I was struggling to get the postgresql-8.2 Debian source package to
build, finally got it in the wee hours of the morning. So that gives me
the option of staying on 8.2 that I was afraid I might not have.

Since this is a new system and only has a trivial database that is easy
to dump and restore, I guess I will do the 8.3 upgrade so I have a box
running 8.3 and can see how that goes. If it turns out to be problematic
then I will consider downgrading the system back to 8.2.

The big application I want running immediately is pgRouting and related
scripts.

Is there a time frame for the 8.4 release that you are aware of?

Thanks,
   -Steve