[postgis-users] ogr connection problems

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Mar 25 07:57:52 PDT 2009

I think you need to use " instead of '

Leo

-----Original Message-----
From: postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
[mailto:postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net] On Behalf Of Travis
Kirstine
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:58 AM
To: PostGIS Users Discussion
Subject: [postgis-users] ogr connection problems

I am trying to test a connection to a postgis db  using ogrinfo and am
having difficulties.  I am running the command on the same server that hosts
the postgis db.  I checked the pg_hba.config file to see if it allows local
connections and everything looks OK but I still get "Failure" when
connecting with ogr.

Am I missing something?

command
ogrinfo -ro PG:'host=server34 dbname=earth user=bob password=suruncle'

pg_hba.conf

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         all                               trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128               trust

host    all         all         192.168.18.0/24 password

--
Travis K.

Toronto, Canada