[postgis-users] Re: Feautures omitted from ST_Buffer operation

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 20:46:58 PDT 2009

So I have a partial solution, but it creates another problem for me.  I'm
able to properly buffer all of the features in Papua New Guinea by doing an
ST_Dump and blowing apart the multipolygon, then buffering the individual
polygons:

SELECT name, ST_Buffer((ST_Dump(the_geom)).geom, .12) AS the_geom
FROM coastlines WHERE iso_3_code = 'PNG';

However, now I need to reassemble the polygons and dissolve the internal
boundaries.  Is that possible?

Roger