[postgis-users] Correct use of ST_Transform

benton101 Ben.Davies at dec.wa.gov.au
Tue May 5 00:19:12 PDT 2009

>It should do if the data going in has the right SRID.

Simon,

Thank You for your help, I cannot work out what is going on, I have tested
the records in the tables to ensure that they are in the coords that I
expect, but when I carry out the insert statement it retains the original
SRID. I will have to continue looking at this problem.

I used some code like this to see what would be returned from the tables I
have.

SELECT gid
     , st_x(st_transform(the_geom, 4283))
     , st_y(st_transform(the_geom, 4283))