[postgis-users] Viewshed Isovist

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Thu May 14 14:47:38 PDT 2009

This seems like a fairly complex spatial computation, so I don't think
you'll find anything in PostGIS to help out with it.  There are probably
some standard algorithms for computing this kind of polygon - a Web
search might turn up something.

Regina - at first I thought Difference was a possibility here, but then
I noticed that the precise shape of the viewshed in the gaps between
buildings depends on the relative location of the viewing line segment,
in a subtle way.

--
Martin Davis
Senior Technical Architect