[postgis-users] Postgis upgrade

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri May 22 09:38:58 PDT 2009

Mateusz Naskręt -GEOPOZ- wrote:

> It is new server with postgis 1.3.5 installed so no possibilty to have
> liblwgeom.so.1.2 there.
>
> In general i have allready made an upgrade and in very big log from
> upgrade exept this 6 functions everything looks fine.
> About 10 persons is using this new DB now and till now no informatio
> about problems/errors.
> So i am asking just to be sure if there may be problems in future.

Possibly there could be if you try to use those particular functions;
but it should be easy to drop the offending functions and recreate them
from the 1.3.5 lwpostgis.sql.

> I have created new empty DB and loaded there lwpostgis.sql. I have
> checked there and i haven't found there any of function mentioned above
> (this 6 with errors). So maybe  these are some old functions used in
> you think ?

I don't recognise the ST_AsUKML() variant, but the others still exist in
1.3.5 but with different function signatures (related to number of
parameters).

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS