[postgis-users] Triggering Common functions

Bob Pawley rjpawley at shaw.ca
Tue May 26 08:50:39 PDT 2009

Hi

I've instituted a count procedure.

If the count is '1' then the procedure initiates command A then command B. Command A is specific to count '1'.

The count is controled at a max of '4' for now. but will increase later.

Command B is common for all counts.

Can anyone suggest a way of writing this procedure so that command B needs only to be written once yet accessed multiple times?  My code is getting quite cumbersome otherwise.

Writing another common procedure that I can then access may work, but I don't know how to trigger it only when needed.

I know how to do this in Delphi but can't figure it out in Postgresql

Thanks

Bob