[postgis-users] Why can't PostGIS ./configure find libgeos_c ??

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Nov 17 06:22:05 PST 2009

Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> Actually the original poster is right, and the message is not
> particularly clear. Let me see about changing it...

Hmmm I think the original poster has misquoted the message. According to
SVN, if geos-config can't be found in the current path then the error
message output will be:

"could not find geos-config within the current path. You may need to try
re-running configure with a --with-geosconfig parameter."

If a "--with-geosconfig" parameter is specified on its own without a
path then the error message output will be:

"you must specify a parameter to --with-geosconfig, e.g.
--with-geosconfig=/path/to/geos-config"

And finally, if you pass a filename that doesn't exist then you get:

"the user-specified geos-config file $GEOSCONFIG does not exist"

All of this looks reasonably clear to me...

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk