[postgis-users] GeometryCollection support for spatial relation functions

Andreas Kalsch andreaskalsch at gmx.de
Thu Oct 1 19:26:51 PDT 2009

Ticket http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/256 with my solution as
attachment.

When I use my solution and consider all geometries, the query will need
2 seconds for a small intersection in a table of ~ 100.000 geometries.
Ignoring GeometryCollections it takes some milliseconds.
To support GeometryCollections on a lower level will make sense, because
loops in plpgsql are not very performant.

If it's not too complicated I can add this feature as a contribution.

Best,

Andi